As a Certified Fraud Examiner, I have a passion for identifying strengthening controls to help deter and prevent fraud. I most enjoy working with clients to help them meet their reporting needs while also finding opportunities for improvement in their current internal control structure.
Melissa Bigler, Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner
Role at Anderson & Whitney: Melissa is an Audit Shareholder who works extensively with a variety of governmental and non-profit organizations, financial institutions and other for-profit entities. She performs financial and compliance audits for clients and also assists with tax preparation services. Melissa provides leadership in Anderson & Whitney’s Audit Department in the areas of recruiting, quality control and strategic planning.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association CAFR Reviewer
- Colorado Government Finance Officers Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Colorado Certificate #0023279
- United Way of Weld County Volunteer
- Member, Anderson & Whitney Team, American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Faith Lutheran Church (council member)
- Leadership Weld County
Family: Husband: Mark; children: Connor, Emily, and Haley.
Lives in: Eaton
Favorite Activities: Spending quality time with family and friends, food blogging and everything papercrafting.