A CPA’s role is to assist clients with their needs. Our objectivity encourages clients to share their problems and seek solutions with us. Sometimes our service provides the solution; sometimes other resources must be employed. Always, the objective is the best interest of the client.
Our business challenges us with continual education, communication, and growth opportunities. It requires flexibility, initiative, and creativity. My gratification with this work comes primarily from the people I encounter.
– Larry Atchison, Certified Public Accountant
Role at Anderson & Whitney: Larry is an Audit Shareholder. He works extensively with a variety of nonprofit organizations, providing audit, advisory, and tax compliance services. He enjoys applying his knowledge and experience to assist nonprofits manage in today’s complex world. Larry also works with other industries including construction, healthcare, nursing homes, and employee benefit plans.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants – Nonprofit Committee
- Firm Foundation – Advisory Board Member
- Colorado Certificate # 0004938
- Greeley Rotary Club – Treasurer, Board Member
- United Way of Larimer County – Former Board Member, Treasurer
- Larimer County Partners – Former President, Treasurer
- United Way of Weld County – Former Treasurer, Board Member, Allocations Chair, Loaned Executive
- Leadership Fort Collins – Class of 1998
Family: Wife: Mary; children: Chad and Melanie; and step children: Katherine, John, Julia, and Ellen
Lives in: Fort Collins
Favorite Activities: Larry values time with his wife and their kids. They enjoy travel and good food, as well as cycling, running, gardening, hiking, and reading. One of their greatest adventures was riding their bikes across 443 miles of beautiful Iowa countryside in July 2010 as part of RAGBRAI.